Originally Posted By: RAH
Question? I have a BG and LMB pond with some RES. The 1.2 acre pond is mature and is recovering from a partial fish kill a few years ago. I have not seen any CC in a while, and never saw small ones since the initial stocking a decade ago. I feed a small amount and can see nice fat BG and some 1-3 lb bass that look good as well. The LMB have not taken any of the small amount of the food that I feed by hand, but have shown up a couple times to terrorize the BG. My neighbor fishes the pond and I have told him he can keep 50 to 60 of the larger BG that he catches. He stopped by and pulled out 25 nice ones a couple days ago. I trust him completely as he is a long time friend. My question is whether the 50 to 60 BG being taken per year is consistent with ending up with some nice LMB in a few years. I see more than that within minutes of throwing in a few handfulls of feed, but only maybe 10% are really keepers. The rest are younger, but look fat.

I don't think the number is excessive, but I'm always leery of harvesting the largest BG in the BOW. Of course, I'm stuck in the growing big BG landscape, so I tend to paint things accordingly. What size LMB would you like to see? How is the structure arrangement? Lots of ambush spots? Do you think there are too many smaller LMB present?

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.