Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
I wonder - would a strong vinegar based solution yield any results? I know many green folks advocate it as a weed killer for home use - maybe I'll mix some up and see what happens. Something tells me my stubborn brush would laugh at me...

They would. We've tried the vinegar deal, and while it burned the tops off of plants, it didn't seem to kill them completely so repeated applications were necessary.

TJ, I'm right there with you on various chemical claims and theories, but even at state levels things get confusing. Here in TX, 24D is sold over the counter in quart sizes. A gallon bottle requires an applicator's license. I've got no clue why volume requires a permit, but buying 40 quart bottles doesn't. Maybe that's just at TSC, but I haven't seen it anywhere else in larger sizes either.

What I think R Custom would let me do is use less by volume, and store fewer herbicides here at the casa. Jugs of Rodeo may sit here a while, and at what point do they go bad? Maybe this could work as an all in one solution.

AL