I know the recommendation is to feed in the same spot and at the same time each day. I sure don't get it done, but the fish seem to be doing pretty well anyway. Maybe they would do lots better if I did, who knows.

Like right now I would go out and feed the fish, but it is raining. So it will happen later. But my fish have become "UTV" trained. I drive around our 3 acre pond and hand feed around the perimeter. Any time I drive around, feeding or not, I can see a flotilla of wakes caused by BG heading towards the sound of my Polaris Ranger. They know the sound of potential feed when they hear it. In fact, they likely have me trained. Because when I see all those hungry fish, I'm likely to head back to the shed and feed them again. grin

I know from commercially raising turkeys, hogs and cattle that regular feeding is far superior to sporadic feeding and animals on full feed or near full feed can be caused a lot of problems if their feed goes missing and they get "off feed" for a while (then gorge themselves when the feed shows up). And maybe that is the case for fish fed to satiation. But my fish get maybe only a third or less of what they could eat if on full feed. So its more like supplemental feed. (Feed about 3# of feed per acre per day)

So I question how important it is to feed at the same times as long as the fish know the feed is there when it is placed in the pond and as long as they are being fed amounts below satiation.

Just my observation and it could very well be an incorrect observation.

Last edited by snrub; 05/24/15 11:04 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine