Update: Had to treat today, first chance we've had without significant wind or rain in the past several weeks. Bad news - during this time lots of rooted vegetation has already established, plus Chara. So, the treatment was not made under ideal conditions - it's designed to be applied with minimal vegetation present. After I worked the pond for 30 minutes I decided to head in and try for late Fall after vegetation abates and we have a clean bottom. Unless we got lucky and applied over the seep [which I guess is entirely possible], I'll likely need to try again in a few months. I left the product with him to keep cool and dry.

Interesting to note, this pond was slightly turbid as it received significant runoff following our epic precipitation events this month. In about 90 minutes the water clarity in this pond improved from 18" visibility to over 40". I would not be surprised if entire water column is clear in a day or two and the 12' bottom is visible. So, I learned something new today - polymer also acts as a floc agent, like Alum, and binds with free sediment and sinks it. Improved water clarity for this pond owner was a big bonus - as evidenced by the Salted Nut Roll it earned me.

I gotta start charging for my time, someday.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]