You guys are making me feel better by the minute, I love this forum. Two hours of fishing with 6 poles yielded nothing, not even a bite. 3 poles had live worms, two had berkley night crawlers, and ran one pole with a spinner while walking the banks. On a lunch break with the kids, left the worms in the water. Reloaded the minnow traps with fresh (stale) bread.

We have not seen any bullfrog tadpoles but that doesn't mean they are not there. Haven't seen any turtles but could they have the same effect? What about an adult toad, which I know are there? My initial comment to my neighbor was a bird but he was quite confident it came from the water not the air.

I hope I am mistaken about someone placing fish in the pond. We have not been locking the gate and quickly realized people were stopping by w/o our knowledge, although most are interested in the 2000 yards of topsoil and not the pond.

If I have to go the Rotenone route and assuming the pond size is:

Surface: 0.818 acres
Volume: 3.5482 acre feet

I would need 4 gallons of 5% solution. Correct? What is the cost of that stuff or the cost for someone to apply? Thanks again guys.