Originally Posted By: basslover
Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin

Okay, now you're just showing off! (I am kidding of course!)

What's so cool about this forum is the diversity of fish, ponds and goals among the members. Mine in particular when I moved here in march of 2012 was the initial challenge of restoring this pond, then for the pleasure (and challenge) of raising and catching sizable fish, the scenery and peacefulness of spending hours at/on the pond and sharing this all with family and friends.

So far so good and what you're catching out of your pond(s) and the pictures you've shared do nothing but get me excited and also inspired!

I know I've got a few LMB reaching 5 lbs and many in the 2-3 lb range, but after reading your posts, I'm going to try your method to increase my "catch".

Thanks again for sharing!

Keith

Sounds like you've got a great outlook on your pond and sharing it with those close to you.

What are you feeding your 5lb bass to grow them larger?

What are your bass striking on?

By the way, today I landed a 3lb LMB that had peeled off all the line on one of my rods by the time I got to it and as I picked the rod up the line broke! I glanced down and saw the line going into the water - SPLASH! In I jumped grabbing the line and I battled the bass hand to fish style. Couple others fishing stopped to watch the schmuck battling the bass using his hands. I landed it though, sopping wet shorts and shoes and all. LOL

Although my LMB were not pellet trained when I stocked them, they've certainly taken to pellets since then! I'm feeding AM LMB food which is what the HSB hammer as well. Hopefully the LMB are also focusing on the larger BG! I'm also feeding AM 600 for the BG (and in hopes the LMB on feasting on the feeding BG!)

I use mainly plastics (craws, baby brush hogs,etc.), with my go-to being a dark green Gene Larew 4.5" Mega Ring Tube, but they've also hit on spinner baits and buzz baits and even Crappie jigs.

Reqarding your hands-on catch, I'll bet that was a sight and even better that you got him!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES