Originally Posted By: basslover
Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
Great info, basslover! Thank you!

I think sometimes as fishermen we get a little stuck in our ways on how we fish, so it's great hearing what others are using and doing.

Clear water is not an issue with my pond due to a consistent heavy bloom so I never have to worry about being seen. Although I wish it were as I envy those seeing spawn beds and swimming fishes!

I change up frequently on artificial baits, as well as presentation but I'll have to try worms and small BG as I don't have any Shiners. I do catch an occasional HSB, with my best luck with a "pellet fly" at feeding time when I toss out the AM LMB food. Yet not often as I don't want them to become shy on feed (don't know if they will or not, I just don't want to take the chance of them being reluctant to feed). I'm also going to order some Stubby Steve's and see how they work.

And it's hard to beat top water baits, definitely my favorite!

Thanks again for the reply and info!

Keith

Keith - I used to wonder about water being too clear. Now I wouldn't have it any other way (although I would prefer any pond over no pond!). I've been shooting a lot of video underwater - feeding the fish, working lures, and fish striking bait and lures. The clarity really is nice for this.

I'll throw in mealworms and small red wigglers to stir up the panfish. All that feeding gets my bass aggressive. Then I'll toss in a large nightcrawler on a hook and often land a bass. But I also throw in many non-hooked nightcrawlers (or shiners when fishing with them) so the bass eat without being hooked. And I also spend time in and around the pond without doing any fishing.

Landed this one last evening, 4.12 pounds.

Same fish

Okay, now you're just showing off! (I am kidding of course!)

What's so cool about this forum is the diversity of fish, ponds and goals among the members. Mine in particular when I moved here in march of 2012 was the initial challenge of restoring this pond, then for the pleasure (and challenge) of raising and catching sizable fish, the scenery and peacefulness of spending hours at/on the pond and sharing this all with family and friends.

So far so good and what you're catching out of your pond(s) and the pictures you've shared do nothing but get me excited and also inspired!

I know I've got a few LMB reaching 5 lbs and many in the 2-3 lb range, but after reading your posts, I'm going to try your method to increase my "catch".

Thanks again for sharing!

Keith

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES