Teehjaeh57,

I am living in Georgia, but this is for a pond in New York. I didn't think that the Redears could make it that far north? This is why I was thinking Pumpkinseeds.

I don't mind waiting for five years. I am weird in that I can be happy watching my forage multiply. I know that is weird. I just want to make sure that the Chubsuckers and the Shiners take hold and don't get obliterated. I'm worried more so about the Chubsuckers because I really REALLY want them in my ponds.

I'm hoping not to feed pellets at all. I know that I can't have the type of fishery that a pellet guy would, but I would like to avoid it if I could.

Thank you for weighing in on this.

I am always worried about the Yellow Perch's ability to make babies. Could you give your opinion on this? I think that perch are delicious and I like fishing for them, but the goal is a pond full of good sized smallies. I want to be able to spend my afternoons catching nice sized (fat three or four pound) smallies. I don't have any illusions of a world record. I just hope that I can have a heavy population of NICE smallies.

Thanks!

Ronald