Another sad report,
I fished live mullet under a bobber and had 4 takers.
I had pretty good sized mullet and none stuck a hook when I went to set it. I didn’t want to wait too long and deep hook a fish but I guess I didn’t wait long enough.

Three were slow grabs and just swam off with it, typical of the tarpon or snook bites I have had in the past.

One was totally different, I saw a decent sized streak under the bobber and then line was ripping off at a very high rate of speed. It was in the middle of the pond in a second. I have never had anything hit that hard and fast other than the time I had that crushing hit that popped the 30 pound braid instantly.

My suspicions are that it was the Jack Crevelle; jacks are extremely strong fast swimmers. The flash I saw didn't look long and silvery like that of a tarpon either.

I’m going to try again with some live mud minnows and see what happens, they are a little smaller than those big mullet I was using.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia