Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Originally Posted By: esshup
- right around 1,450 yds if I remember right.....

Wow! That's over 0.8 of a mile! That would have been a shot to remember!

When I was there for that cow elk hunt, I re-zero'd the gun at altitude and shot it from it's 300 yd zero out to 1,330 yds to make a drop chart and to collect data. At 1,330 yds, the 2nd shot impacted in the same dirt crater that the first bullet made. Good enough to kill an elk. I honestly don't know how accurate the gun is. It all depends on the nut behind the trigger. I have shot 3/4" center to center groups at 300 yds, but I still don't know how to read the wind as well as I should. The cow elk that I shot there was at 705 yds.

Bill, when I was in Texas I put a hole in a coyote using that same gun. First shot out of that gun since that elk hunt in December 2013 (clean cold barrel). That 'yote was 17 yds shy of being a half mile away. shocked

Got a witness to the shot too. wink

Yeah, I did screw up the windage reading. The bullet hit about 6" to the left of where I was planning it on hitting. I do have a picture of the coyote in the field, but I'd rather not post it here - it has a bunch of red in it....... The coyote walked about 20' from where it was hit and never took another step. It's mate ran off when the bullet hit, and came back about 15 seconds later to see why it didn't follow. I forgot to adjust the scope for the 2nd shot and missed low. (In that gun a clean cold barrel shoots 1.5 moa higher than a dirty barrel.) I didn't have another chance to shoot as the coyote took off FAST.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).