I already had my cow in at the processor, but the last evening we watched 5-6 nice bulls feeding on the side of the mountain while we were on the lodge upper porch. If memory serves me right, they were 5x5 and 6x6's, and one that might have been even bigger.

Got out the spotting scope, and took some pictures with the phone camera thru the lens. Then the "what if" thought came out. I grabbed the rangefinder. Yep, it was a doable shot, especially since the wind had died down to absolutely nothing - right around 1,450 yds if I remember right. But, I didn't have a bull tag, season wasn't open and it turns out they were in a different unit too, according to a guy that lived there. frown

The year before I was out there for 3-4 days ahead of time to try and get acclimated to the altitude. It helped, but I sure wasn't 100%. That year I only had about 24 hrs at altitude before I tried keeping up with the guide. No way possible.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).