I used the Salifert KH/Alk titration kit that has good reviews. Maybe I should sample a few more spots. It changed color in .03 mL which puts it way down at the first increment- which they admit is the measurement error for this kit. Could be 10-20ppm as well, but it's low nonetheless. Tis why I checked pH over the course of a couple days to see if the advertised pH swings occurred.

I guess I'm open to the possibility the titration was done wrong or something. Maybe I'll go sample the year-round creek as well.

I've been feeding the forage fish. They certainly spawned prolifically last year. But putting in predators is a bigger step- wanted to confirm before proceeding.

The contractor a cpl miles away has a couple semi's worth of crushed limestone in his yard. Maybe I should see what he'd want for a few Gator's full. No way a big truck could get up to the pond.

So on the basis that forage fish seem happy, get the bigger fish in, but add limestone in the next month? That a reasonable plan given the evidence?