I was in a meeting last night and had the opportunity to talk with several people that live on the coast. Many lost heavily , one person had 7 trees on his house another had 30 some trees down. Many are living day to day with various friends and some have the no trailer problem. Some have too many people for the trailer while others have nothing but a tent while they see trailers not being used. The news paper is picking up on many problems and giving them space in the paper which helps to get a speeder action. Volunteers are being reduced and the free feeding stations are being cut back. The red cross is reducing their feeding and help also. They are afraid that free food and etc. will hurt the merchants. We discussed how many were in dire need and what was being done to help them. We still have many that will not accept anything free, so diplomacy must be used so the families can remain strong. Anytime you see large groups in control you see so much waste that you wonder how this can continue. With the wasted dollar so many people could be helped that the situation could be resolved rather quickly. It will always be this way as most do not know what is happening.
Trailers with no heat and maintenance people can find no problems. Some trailers are delivered so dirty they are unusable-many problems. Many trailers can not be delivered because they do not have the keys and some are delivered with no keys. There will always be problems as long as you work with the public but with something this big there should of been 2 contracts to manufacture trailers and two people running the program.
My guess is politics played a part in this since it was a no bid. We should have a bidding process before hurricane time and proceed as outlined above. Money talks.
as most of us say this is not my problem, but it really is and the next time we or our loved ones could be the ones in need.
Think of us in your prayers and we still need your help more than ever. I realize this was very long but I did wish to inform others of what is taking place. I am not talking politics as either party it would probably not make any difference.

paul weatherholt