I just EMailed this explanation to a member and thought I would also post it for general reference:

Posting pictures is pretty easy. Here is one of several threads that discuss how:

Photobucket method

In my own words, the PB forum does not host pictures, it just refers to them by their URL (address on the internet). So you have to have the photo you want to post available on-line somewhere first. There are a number of places you can do this for free: photobucket (mentioned above), geocities (where I have mine), or others.

First, you have to get an account at one of these places. You could go to geocities.com and sign up with an account name and password. Geocities will let you set up a web page or use the storage space for photos or whatever. They don't charge, but sell ads on the free websites. For hosting pictures, I couldn't care less because you never see the ads. If you use geocities, you log into your account, then use the "quick upload" option to load your photo files (1 to 5 at a time, but no limit as to total number. There's a space limit, but I hold files for PB to 150 - 200kB and haven't run out yet.) onto the web. Then you use the "file manager" to open each photo you want to post (in a separate window or, with Mozilla, tab). Select the address of the photo in the address bar of the browser and "copy" it to the clipboard. Then go to the PB post entering area (which you already have open) and select "Image." A window will open up asking for the URL of the photo; "paste" the photo's URL from the clipboard into this window and then enter. The raw address will appear in the post entry screen, but when you preview the post, it will show the photo (if all is correct).

-Theo

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]