Originally Posted By: jludwig
Originally Posted By: Twam911
Drumz,
Are you feeding the fish with a feeder? If so how often and what time of day? We put LMB & CC in our new pond in July,BG May and June.
We have a Texas feeder going twice a day for 2 seconds at 8 am and 4 pm.
The were interested at first but now are not at all.I hope our fish grow as fast as yours!

I think rarely you are going to get the same growth in Iowa as one would get in the southern US (TX, LA, FL, and so on) due to lengths in growing seasons. Also, these Camelot Bass are Florida Bass and genetically selected for large growth. Not saying you can't get good growth rates in Iowa but just don't expect them to rival those of someone in LA.

Hey, I'm sure no expert, but it seems very doubtful that Floridas would do well in Iowa. Not well adapted to that kind of winter cold. Maybe they'd survive, but if I had to guess I'd bet that Northern LMB will grow faster, bigger, and healthier.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160