Ok,you will have to agree, this will be a true trophy crappie POND. Pond is 4 years old, stocked a gallon of Goldens 3 years ago. Noticed fatheads had arrived but it's inside a 1/4 mile of fathead brood ponds so I guess it was bound to happen. All but have left it alone wanting the goldens to reproduce, there is some natural habbitat for them to spawn but must not be enough.

Tossed 4 G traps and 4 larger home made traps baited with cat food. Caught gallons of small skinny fhm and two proud n healthy 5" goldens. So what effect would one lucky crappie have on this pond? It's maybe a half acre and over 8' deep. It didn't totally dry up in our drought and never winter killed.

It does have some suspended clay I am guessing, water has that creamy blue color on windy days.

Maybe I'll price check getting a couple sterile crappie shipped but I doubt that would be a rewarding experience.
my hope is to have GHS production pond, so I need to control the fhm or eliminate them.

The pond is such that the deep water would be hard to siene but maybe the neck and one bend could be.

So what are your thoughts and stocking recommendations to double this pond as a trophy crappie pond.

Water is the basis of all life, by design!