Hello All,

Been trolling the archives and learning as I go.....but figured I'd post my situation and get some tips from the pro's.

I've recently acquired a 80acre piece of property in Eland Wi. This property has been in the family 50+ years and I'll probably end passing it to one of my 3 girls. I'm extremely fortunate to have my grandfather still living on the property and he still gives me *advice* on a daily basis. All projects on this property have spawned from this old guy....some executed well...some notsomuch.

Details the Pond....

- The Pond is "spring" fed in several different locations.
- We've estimated that our dry season runoff at about 75-100gal per minute.
- Its approx 35 years old. Has been redug twice using a dragline excavator to depths of 5-18ft.
- A single windmill provides aeration.
- Never been emptied.

My questions...
The runoff has been a series of re-worked PVC drainage pipes. I've run into at least 3 different variations of PVC at different depths. this winter we've had a failure on one of the setups and appears its time for a complete rebuild. What would be the preferred method of spillway be for this type pond?

Does it have fish....
The only stocking that's been done is via transplanted bass,crappie,panfish over the years. all species can be seen spawning at certain times of the year...but there isn't any real motiviation to how its been planned. I'd ultimately like to drain the pond, kill all existing fish and start over...

This'll be my biggest yard project to date. Getting the correct backhoe,dumptruck,dozer isn't a problem. I just want to ensure I have the basics in-place to start a managed fish population in upcoming years.

My problem today is the spillway.....and how do I repair/rebuild it properly?

Thanks in advance for sticking with me and being a part of this project.

Attached Images
IMAG0566.jpg Pond - Top.JPG Pond1.JPG pondkids.JPG spillway.JPG spillway1.JPG spillway2.JPG