PS: My YOY GSH are far too adept at predation avoidance for HBCP to effectively utilize as forage IMO. I see HBCP make half hearted efforts at the schools of YOY GSH in shallows and always seem to swing and miss. My SMB are another story....

Further, while GSH top end size does allow for brood adults to keep spawning as they are not vulnerable to predation, I think they grow so fast they may not be appropriate forage for long, if they can even be regularly targeted at all.

Bear in mind BCP will graze on zoooplankton far more in comparison to WCP, so regular planktonic algae blooms and subsequent zoo blooms will be another important factor towards keeping the crappie population in good condition [well fed]. Can zoos fed BCP alone? I don't know...not qualified to weigh in there with no experience.

Stocking HSB might be a consideration to help keep HBCP population managed...but that is diverting from your monoculture goal. You already know how I feel about HSB - zero downside, huge upside as a management tool and angling species...but there I go again.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]