Do it, kill them all! Kill every red squirrel and every chipmunk. I have started to see more and more of them this year, I find nuts stored in the basement of my 5th wheel camper, I see them sitting on the tires of my truck, I find nuts stored in my engine compartments of all my vehicles. Then, disaster! A few months ago I'm driving and my right headlight doesn't work. A month later the engine light goes on in my truck. Then my windshield wiper blade suddenly had no rubber wiper! I take my truck a month ago to the dealer, squirrels/chipmunks ate the wiring harness to my headlight clean off, they ate the wiring harness to my trucks DEF sensor, they ate the rubber off my wiper blades!

I have rat traps with peanut butter on the tree I see them on. I have only been able to shoot one because I never have a safe back stop. I have not been able to catch one in the rat traps, they set them off but I'm not getting a body. Kill them, kill every one. Do it with extreme prejudice and do it with malice. They cost me almost $1000 in truck repairs.

By the way, they gnawed and ate countless more wiring harnesses that I had to repair. They probably damaged plenty more that I don't know about. It was so bad I traded the truck in and got a new one.

Last edited by timshufflin; 03/21/15 06:16 PM. Reason: add more info

I just got a new pond, I made it twice because I aint so bright.