Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
CMM I have a shipment of YP in NE in Spring - fish will be age 1 2014 class and probably 4-8" - larger fish will be females, smaller likely males. Let me know if I can help you out - have several clients ordering and I have a few ordered for myself. Maybe Rex can pay a visit and deliver to you unless he's got a line on fish sooner than he suggested. Happy to help my PB family if I can, let me know.

Cool experiments guys - I can't wait to see how thing go for you. The few YP that make it through the predators should be impressive. I want to see some 14" MO YP!

Teehjaeh57,

I am very interested in your YP. I am worried that most of the 4" fish won't make it due to predation by lm though. Is that a reasonable worry? I believe 100 larger yp is what was recommended for my 4 acre pond with established lm and bg.
What kind of pricing are we looking at for these fish, delivered? If I understand correctly, I will have to check with RM (Rex) on delivery prices? Will the females be spawned out already?

Hate to disappoint you but I am not sure my pond will deliver 14" MO perch for you, I am looking at these as an additional forage for the LM, (and possibly some hsb later if they establish well??).

This was a happy post to see on my lunch bread!! YP, YP, YP make my LM Happy, Happy Happy!
CMM

CMM