Bill..

I like the idea of amphibians and know that last summer there were some good sized frog there. I have done some searching on amphibians and started to learn about their habitat and variety. But I don't find anything that talks about stocking frogs or much about different types. I will keep looking but if anybody and some good recommendations on finding amphibian info please pass it on.

I talked to the neighbor the other day and she thought that the pond may be 18 feet deep ... but then she said, maybe it was 8'. I will get out on the ice as it thins and get a measure in the middle to get some idea. I suspect it is 8 and not 18 as it isn't that big and the edges don't look that steep.

I agree with you about the muck on the bottom as the place has been over hung with trees for years. I am clearing a lot of the overhand away. I have lots of house project work and other stuff to do on the property so the pond will only get a small percent of my time at the first stages of this transition but getting it headed in the right direction from the start is my immediate goal.