That's a great point, Dave thank you!

So really all I'm doing is adding cover or as you point out, a staging area for predators?

With my objective being two-fold, fishing being first and foremost, I also wanted a place for baby and small fish to hide or "escape predation" so they have a better chance to grow to a size the LMB and HSB can benefit from. So with hat being said, would I be better off adding more trees so they are making a trail or "highway" beginning from the shoreline? Otherwise, as you state, good luck getting from the shoreline cover to the xmas tree highway!

So now that I've overthunk this whole venture I wonder if the following would be better:

Place half of the trees (or add more and leave what I have there?) sporadically near the shoreline, near spawning areas. And place the other half in more strategic areas as cover for fishing i.e., near ledges, deep zones, etc.

And one last thought as I'm still removing BCP (around 3000 since 4-13), would the trees in the above photo be a good "attractant" for them?

If not, what exactly have I accomplished?

Okay, I'm all over the place now, and beginning Thursday the ice will become less and less safe crazy and I really want to be sure I'm getting the best use out of these trees!

Thanks again for bringing this up (I think cry grin )

Keith

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES