JKB, yes, I read your PM and your info was helpful. I was referred from your contact (the head Vet in charge of aquaculture) to a different person as she had no expertise in the area of stocking private ponds. The different person did answer my initial email indicating that outside of the few species on the prohibited list (invasive, non-native species in general) that there are no regulations as my pond has no inlet or outlet so regulations cannot apply to it. I had several questions in followup and some questions to clarify and he said he was busy but would try to get to them. This was a month ago. I sent a reminder this week. Hopefully he'll provide more clarity. He admits that the challenge may be getting the species I want since I would likely have to source them from in state. But he said if I obtained them from out of state, I would not need a permit. I would not need any type of VHS testing etc, but that for my own good I would probably want to know what I'm putting in my own pond. Of course those trying to ship them to me would have to have proper permits to haul into Michigan and that is another story. I think I need more clarification. But likely the solution is to have them shipped in a box to my door. I'm not sure yet how I"ll proceed. I do plan to start a thread about this when the questions are answered. I did find the gentleman's recommended stocking program a bit different than what I have otherwise learned here at PB forum.

I'm all ears about the right epoxy and how to apply it. With a little help from my painting buddies we may even tackle it, although grinding concrete sounds a bit over my skill level.