Originally Posted By: 3z3k3l
@liquidsquid - Yes...When the pond was full I was thinking...this things needs to be bigger...much bigger...haha but right now my budget is done for pond stuff for a while... although my neighbor has a huge bull dozer I may see if I can trade out some work for him to use it for a week or two..

@FireIsHot - What do I need to test the turbidity of the water? I was thinking of heading to Walmart for a ph test kit..is that all you need?
You're right about construction run off, until I get some grass and finish the area I think the pond will be muddy. I was thinking of trying to get some winter rye started..is it too late to plant? Right now is just muddy clay and no vegetation at all.
Any suggestions?

You can test turbidity with the jar test. Pond water sitting in undisturbed jar for several days or weeks. If it settles out, your pond water will also once you have vegetation established and things settle down. If your water doesn't clear, you may have an ionic imbalance with which we can help with management methods [Alum, Gypsum, etc.].

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]