Originally Posted By: basslover
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Thanks guys appreciate the direction and feedback. I did discover photoshop tools to help sharpen some of the 200x shots which were a tad fuzzy - I hope using photoshop tools isn't cheating!?!? Just uneducated over here.

Nah it's not cheating. Sure there are those who shoot film and find that digitally enhancing or processing a photograph is cheating. In fact there are competitions wherein the rules are film and no digital processing, and even competitions wherein digital cameras are allowed but no post-processing.

If you've found something you like to improve your snaps, use it. smile

Check out The Gimp. No financial cost, just your learning time. There are oodles of filters that you can apply, tons of tools, etc. It's essentially the free version of Photoshop. Or look into Lightroom, a commercial application with less features than Photoshop but an easier learning curve and feature rich.

Again if you start delving deeper into photography consider shooting in RAW, because post-processing RAW snaps versus compressed JPEGs makes a world of difference. And challenge yourself to continue to work on ISO, Aperture, and shoot daily. All scenes and lighting - it will help you learn and will be enjoyable.

From just having a camera on your person to take a pic that you stumble upon:

To identifying scenes of interest and trying to capture them for yourself:

To capturing silly stuff:

To entering the world of macro:

Wow those are amazing. I like your edgy take on nature - the snakes and squirrel are borderline R rated. grin

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]