What is the problem, you ask. Actually, there are four problems.

One is that in my county (Shelby, AL) there are very large numbers of Canada geese which migrate in many flocks from pond to pond all year. Unless a person were willing to go blast them from around the feeder every day, it would be impossible to kill them all or even scare them all.

Second, as for putting fear into geese, our Alabama ones don't even know how to fly north and the fear part of their tiny little brains shows "tilt" when food is in the offing. Any fear is very short term.

Third, I really, really, don't like snakes (They are all coppermouthedrattlemoccasans to me) and have come to the scientific (OK, if you insist, superstitious) conclusion that geese think "snake" is spelled f-o-o-d. See above in re geese and food.

Fourth, I grew up many moons ago on the Mississippi flyway. At the time, it really wasn't all that worthwhile to hunt geese because Canadas were so few. I developed an unreasoning hatred for those who didn't shoot them in season and with a migratory bird stamp on a valid hunting licence. I also developed a very reasoned fear of ol' Mr. game warden.

Fifth, (OK, so I lied about having four reasons)geese make great watch-animals, protecting my house from stray puffs of breeze, falling leaves, and their own hallucinations by honking all night seemingly at random but with all the conviction of a revival preacher with a floppy bible. No self-respecting burgler would go someplace with such a gosh-awful racket when he could find a more peaceful workplace.

Finally, my goose problem is solved by my getting a bit of exercise walking around the pond feeding the bream in the late afternoon/early evening and, incidentally, seeing occasional turkey, deer, wood ducks, coons, and discarded beer cans an inconsiderate guest might have left.

So, that's the problems, and I didn't even mention how much I would miss the natural fertilizer on the lawn, walkway, and boat landing or how great their personalities are.
Lou