I have a 2.5 acre pond in Mississippi that is fed 24/7 by a spring. Flow leaving the pond is 24/7 also. This year the pond has been inundated this year with what I believe is coontail. The majority of the pond is in the 6-8 ft depth range with two ends that are in the 2-3 ft range. One shallow end also gets overwhelmed with lilypads.
I am trying to determine what the best method would be to control particularly the coontail as I have been able to control the lilies to some extent with Rodeo.
I understand that fluridone is effective but I am concerned whether the contact time would be adequate with the flow turnover and am concerned about the cost if it will be uneffective. What would experience tell you how to approach the problem? Water is ultra clear which is another problem contributing to the problem.
At present 90+% of the pond surface area looks to be about 18 inch deep with the vegetation. It is virtually not fishable. Any help would be most appreciated! I attached a pic showing the vegetation that I believe is coontail. It is not anchored to the bottom.