Originally Posted By: Rainman
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1

Rex,

.001 over is charged to the next inch? Who told you that? Holy crap what are they measuring with industrial calipers? laugh

The high speed conveyor systems I've seen incorporate lasers that measure each piece on a high speed scale and software calculates the best packing arrangements for loading.

Oh my! shocked

At the local hub they must not have that yet. I was told by someone that worked there that they have so many boxes around Christmas time they are walking on them. And they pretty much dump the boxes out of incoming trucks enmass to save time. No wonder they are so hard on boxes!

This explains the condition of some of the boxes I shipped. I got out of doing and shipping fragile wholesale fish for that reason. Had to build custom crates for each fish to keep them from getting crushed. That was time consuming, and you can only pass on the cost to the consumer so much-- especially at wholesale prices. It was also impossible to get a claim paid. They fought me tooth and nail.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/14/15 11:54 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.