Originally Posted By: Pat Williamson
TJ
Mine were4-5" last February when stocked and am now catching and releasing 8"-12" after a year mine are plain BCP. Am hoping they will spawn this spring for the first time I think..... Not sure how old 4-5"ers are . Do you think the YOY BCP will be sized enough by next fall to catch?

Pat

Yes those 8-12 should pull a spawn this year, never know how recruitment will go - varies from year to year. First generation are often the best performing - less competition and usually highest level of available forage for fast growth. I think you'll see a slowdown in growth of subsequent year classes, but as long as the population is being managed I think you could see 4-8" by Fall - but this is a guess on my part. Hard to expect YOY to achieve 8-12" in a few months.

I encourage you to harvest liberally as fish conditions dictate. Typically one can't overharvest. Might consider leaving some outstanding 12"ers in to reach trophy status [15"+], and liberally harvest those 9-11" fish.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]