The pond I mention is an odd shaped pond, between 5-6 surface acres in size, max depth of 28 feet with average depth of 12. Fairly steep banks for the most part, with the far north end of the northeast cove/neck being the only larger shallow area.

See here for visual:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2325753,-89.988563,602m/data=!3m1!1e3

Current population of RES, BG, BCP, LMB, a very few CC and I hope still some HSB after last fall's fish kill.

Vegetation is probably 20-30% coverage most years, with coontail and water primrose alternating as the primary vegetation year to year it seems like. No real explanation for this, last year I had virtually no primrose, the year before my banks were 80-90% covered. The banks are steep enough in most places that when the primrose is in control it only spreads out maybe 6 feet into the water column...8 tops.

Water clarity varies from 12" to 30" visibility depending on the time of year.

I would quantify the forage base as good to very good. Minnow trap sampling shows good population diversity of multiple year classes of all species save CC and HSB (obviously).

Overabundance of structure as can be seen in the pic...the Northeast channel is completely full of submerged and partially submerged trees. It's almost unfishable, and comprises almost 1/3 of the water volume based on my calculations.

Dale

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water." - anonymous