I don't know, but for me, FedEx has UPS beat in every category. I can have them pick up at my home, ship next day with a cut-off time of 9:45PM (at the airport, and if I am late, which for me is often, the pilot himself will take my package and scan it at the first stop. My packages leave St Louis at 10:25PM and are on a customer's doorstep by 10AM the next morning....1 minute late, and the on-time guarantee kicks in and my freight is free. I just can't beat a turn around time under 12 hours unless shipping same day to an airport. I can deliver 100# of fish from STL to LAX in about 3.5 hours for $65. Like I said earlier, only one damaged shipment in all my years of exclusive FedEx use. Before that, I let UPS and FedEx compete for my shipping, and UPS service was simply horrid, late deliveries, damaged/crushed boxes with no notations and any claim took weeks to settle. With FedEx, even a torn outer box was notated, and if one second late, it was free.

I use mainly overnight services, but even when using ground service, my FedEx next day service area (same price anywhere in the lower 48 as up to 4-day) is also nearly triple the geographic size of what UPS offers me.

Cecil, I'm truly sorry you think so many companies are crooked...If they were, they'd have no employees, or customers, have their hind legs cut off and quickly be outta business. FedEx and UPS are the BIG 2, but far from the only options if you chose to dig. The reason they are so big is they did the legwork for door to door delivery, and for what I consider, a VERY fair price to deliver nearly anything I hand them, anywhere, door to door.

Last edited by Rainman; 02/10/15 10:58 PM.