I have a floating dock and although at the time I thought it was a good idea I will be redoing mine to a fixed dock. They make a lot of pole platforms these days that have real wide bottoms to them so you don't even have to put the poles into the ground. Fleet and Farm sells all kinds of cool dock stuff. They even have poles that you can ratchet up or down depending where you want your dock v.s. water level. Or if one side sinks a little farther than the other when it settles you can adjust it by a few clicks on the other side and your good to go. The weight of the dock itself holds the poles in place. Only thing is you have to make sure your water does not come up so far it tries to float the dock off. Of course you can always anchor end of dock to shore. Bottom line is I like to have sure footing on my dock and I cant get that with a floating dock. Course I conned into using 30 gallon barrels instead of 55 maybe that would have made a difference I don't know. But I am 220 pounds and my parents would like to get on the dock and all also so I just need a more stable setup.

RC

Last edited by RC51; 02/06/15 10:08 AM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!