Originally Posted By: snrub
Just found this old 2009 thread on Spotted Bass. According to Greg Grimes, they are very aggressive. His experience with clients ponds and spots was not that good.

2009 thread on Spotted Bass

I've been thinking about Greg Grimes comments about people putting large spotted bass in their ponds, then the bass being very aggressive and loosing weight.

There also has been numerous discussions here on PBF about taking large LMB out of their environment, placing them in a pond, and them doing poorly and loosing weight.

I guess what I am questioning, maybe the bad experiences with them involved moving a large adult fish that never became acclimated to its new environment. For example, taking a creek/river fish and putting in a pond or taking a fish from a large lake and putting it in a pond might not be the best way for the fish to thrive.

Perhaps the Spotted Bass to do well in a pond environment needs to be either started out as a fingerling or be recruitment so it spends its entire life in the pond environment???? Just wondering.

Surely since the spotted bass has been discussed on this forum since 2002 at least a few pond owners have tried spotted bass. Anyone out there have Spotted Bass in their ponds that can report on their success/failure?

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine