Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
We built this floating dock. Our water level can change about 3 feet through the year. We have in water weights that hang from a pulley system that takes all the jounce out of the dock.

She is 16X16 with a 16X5 foot gain way.

Cheers Don.

Don,

My wife saw the pics of your dock and loves it. Her only concern is without a railing, some of our typical guests may take an unplanned swim after a cocktail or two! grin

Bill

Bill we have had 11 full sized people on this dock with out anyone taking an un planed swim but with the kids there is always an impromptus nudge.

If I was to build this same dock again I would have filled these barrels with water 30%. The dock would sit lower and have more mass that would make it more stable.

A seat/railing could be added for sure. I really like the idea of nothing smaller than 16X16.

Cheers Don.

EDIT: forgot to mention that that lovely gazebo did not make it a full year before the wind folder her up like a cheap lawn chair. We really liked it but could not keep it from wind. Now I just came across this picture from this summer. I now have two 10 foot umbrellas that we open up when we want shade and close them up when we are not down at the dock. They can spin 360* so we can shade the dock as the sun moves across the sky.

Attached Images
IMG_2966.jpg
Last edited by DonoBBD; 02/05/15 09:43 AM.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.