After building my pond, I have created an area (outside the pond) where water stands for days to weeks. This was caused by building a levy that was necessary in building the pond. I can dig a drain when it dry's out this summer and or I can dig a forage pond that would catch the water coming off the hills drainage for a small watershed type forage pond. The area that now floods was an area used by deer. It is extremely thick of brush to 6' high. The area is about 10 to 15 acres that is now flooded to a depth of 1 to 2 feet.
I do not want to spend a lot of money here, but it might be a good area to build a forage pond and to control the flood area. An overflow would be needed.
So I was thinking maybe forage pond with FHM, RES, Crawfish and grass shrimp. Can they all be added into one forage or would maybe building a figure 8 type pond, where section can be screened off. Clay is @ 4' so I am thinking that will be the depth, and I am thinking maybe 20' wide and 60' long. I would like your thoughts on this and I was thinking this would help my LMB pond grow bigger bass.
Thanks
Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 01/31/15 12:46 PM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy