Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Guys - If you want to disagree with the scientific community on the importance of managing invasive species, I encourage your passion. Author a thesis challenging the position - it's not my obligation to defend science. This post was made under the topic "Wildlife Management" for the purpose of soliciting ideas on management of an invasive species and ways to humanely euthanize them. Pond Boss magazine and the forum routinely deals with feral hogs, bullheads, carp, beavers, muskrats, even LMB etc. trapping and euthanizing - it's an important management topic that effects many of us. It might interest some, and others not so much. I hope those interested will share their ideas and experiences. If you're in the latter group, don't feel obligated to participate in the discussion if it makes you uncomfortable.

Certainly you're entitled to your opinions, whether based on science, emotions, moon phases, or whatever happens to be motivating your feedback. The real head scratcher for me is, why you feel obligated to share your personal opinions with me on the topic? That might be a good topic for a brand new thread! I can assure you, I'm not recruiting others to my cause nor encouraging anyone to manage their own HOSP populations, nor trolling for your approval. I'm merely citing scientific and empirical data as my motivation.

Lastly, Stickem - hey, hate to break it to you, but I've never made a "significant" forum contribution to date - so don't recommend holding your breath. I find consistency is the key.

TJ,
...I seem to have incited discontent within you...sincerely not my intent. Perhaps you are correct with regards to personal opinion...note well taken. All I ever desired here is to learn about ponds.
Respectfully,
stickem'

...when in doubt...set the hook...