I caught English sparrow's in a wire trap cage to keep them from my Purple Martin house's until one day I asked myself why was one life more important then another in his case. Because a Martin is more fun to watch, prettier or some preconceived thought that I din't like them? Because they are an invasive species? How many years does it take for an invasive species to become a natural species? 100 years? 1000 years? If a sparrow flew south to South America every winter and flew back in the spring would they be considered an invasive species while a Humming bird does this and isn't considered an invasive species?

I put out a dozen blue houses and I get Tree Swallows in half of the and sparrows in half. That's fine. I feed woodpecker with grease and all kinds of other kinds of birds with thistles seed and bird seed and get some sparrows, which is fine also. In my pond area I have a variety of wild foods growing for the birds like Mulberry's, Blackberry's, Raspberry, Silk leaf Dogwood's, Cattail's and more which bring in a large variety of wild birds. I took my sparrow catching cage down.