Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac
Originally Posted By: Sprkplg
Unfortunately, in my haste to correct the soda imbalance I did not utilize the correct aeration start-up procedure, and turned the entire BOS far too rapidly resulting in a cube kill - note that the cubes are floating belly up.
I would like to offer an alternate hypothesis to explain this rapid and untimely demise.

While it is certainly possible than an anoxic episode was responsible for this event, the species under study is known to be much more sensative to fluctuations in TEMPERATURE rather than to oxygen concentrations or even toxins such as hydrogen sulfide. Therefore, the sudden introduction of a large mass of superheated air, especially though an improperly sized delivery vehicle, could have warmed the fluid beyond it's inhabitants ability to compensate, resulting in rapid and irreversible damage and death.

One might argue that there is little evidence to support either hypothesis without data from autopsy. However, if one recalls the nature of the compressor, and the typically elevated temperature of its discharges, a very sound case can be made for this theory.

I wish you had weighed in earlier Yolk, before rigor mortis clamped it's frozen fingers around the inhabitants crystalline corpses. So you think a compressor issue is the cause of death? Strange, I never made the connection.

But you agree that the inhabitants have expired?

Very reassuring. Vindication via the viceroy of vitellus...excellent.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.