Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
I placed what I thought were 10 all male RES into my pond. One was not... 90% is pretty good accuracy, but not good enough. Fortunately, I wasn't that upset about the mistake. So far I have stocked over 3 dozen all male BG into the pond and 16 all male GSF. The big question will be if the RES female will only spawn with the male RES or look for some love from the BG or GSF. There will also be male and female RBS in the pond as of this spring.

CJBS2003, I'm curious if you have any update information to this very interesting pond stocking. Have you seen any recruitment RES/BG or GSF/RES hybrids?

I'm seriously considering building an additional half acre pond this coming spring. What I would like to try for stocking is FHM, RES (male & female) for the primary fish, then add a half dozen female GSF in hopes of getting some GRES hybrids. I would let the pond go two or three years and if/when over population looked to become a problem put some male only LMB in for recruitment control.

I have a sediment pond and forage pond with RES, an old pond with GSF and a 3 acre pond with LMB that I can use for stockers, so that will not be a problem.

I'm just curious to see how your mostly male pond with the male/female RES in it is turning out.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine