Originally Posted By: james holt
The largest hybrid on the boga was 11lbs and the largest bass was seven pounds. Here are the flies we were using. The mouse fly worked better after I cut off the tail. Floating fly line with 25# test fluorocarbon tied to fly line.

Originally Posted By: george1
For all the trout fly fishermen that may be interested - recall my Jig Hook Terminator?

I have a old fishing buddy in Georgia that got wind of that fly and wanted to tie one for our favorite mountain trout stream that we last fished in 2003.
We caught a lot of big trout that day.. cool

Here's a recent photo of Tom with a big trout - I have aged better.. grin

I sent him a photo and recipe on Friday and he tied one up Saturday...

Went to our favorite North Georgia mountain trout stream Sunday morning..

MERRY CHRISTMAS every one!
George Glazener

James, you gotta start tyin’ your own flies!
The very best tiers that know are surgeons and if I understand your specialty, you are one!
By coincidence my Georgia fishin’ buddy shares your profession.
My Georgia nephew is a periodontist but he freeloads off Tom and me for flies.

You may know Tom, he lectures all over the country and chooses good places like the famous Madison River as well as some good coastal fly fishing areas.
Yeah, he calls it work.grin

We have several physicians and dentists on the forum – listen up guys! You guys are the best of the best with hand (fingers) eye coordination -
Tom ties itsy bitsy flies so small that his surgical magnifying glasses are required.

James, you gotta tie flies – the fly in your photo looks like a Lefty Deceiver in a shad pattern – good fly regardless of ID.
George

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)