Here is one of the main threads that finalized my decision to create a sediment pond. I read this thread and then for the life of me could not find it again. I thought it was a much older thread and that is why I kept missing it.

Paul Thomann thread from March 2014 Pond color is too grean

I started my forage pond not too long after that, then my sediment pond later that summer. The above is a really neat and extensive way of managing sediment and water flow into and around his pond.

I would like to say that Catmandoo was my inspiration, but his property is much too beautiful and picturesque for me to ever imagine my sediment pond looking any thing like his. My flat Kansas farm land ain't never gonna look that good. His best pictures are here , but here is a thread where he shows some winter pictures of the same sediment ponds:
Stopping silt from runoff Bout 3/4 the way down the page.

FireIsHot was my original inspiration getting me interested in small ponds and was one of the main threads that caused me to "go for it" with originally a forage pond, then later the above sediment pond. His problem with excess water causing LMB to get into his forage pond helped me to hopefully avoid the same problem. FireIsHot forage pond thread

I would be completely remiss if I did not mention highflyer's Topias (although I'm still a little miffed that he did not name his last one Snrubtopia grin ). They surely had a lot to do as far as encouragement for me to try my hand at small ponds supplementing my main pond. But I'll have to say I did not fully appreciate them till I saw them in person at Highflyer's 2014 PBF get together . They look so small in the pictures compared to his big, beautiful lake. But in person seeing them I saw the potential and his enthusiasm for small pond management. If Hyflyer has another PBF get together some day, for sure go if you can. The world famous Topia's

I know I'm forgetting others that were also inspiration that caused me to delve into small ponds including the above sediment pond. Thanks to all. It's been and continues to be fun. And what's life good for if you can't have a little fun along the way! grin laugh

Last edited by snrub; 01/15/15 07:41 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine