Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Originally Posted By: Bob-O
I once got reamed REAL bad for starting a thread about wild caught vs raised fish because a few members decided to turn it into a political debate about DDT and dying Africans. I just wanted any reliable info on which was healthier. I later researched the issue and Cecil is right on. I haven't bought ANY Asian imported fish since. Sure the frozen imports are cheaper but pay a bit more and buy fresh wild fish. The best scenario if possible is to get a good spot to catch some fish and take the wife out. Yes, bait her hook and take em off the hook. Good luck and good health.

And then there is the question as to whether pellet trained fish taste different than fish raised on natural forage?

Bill, while it might make a difference on what type of pellets they are being fed (say commercial fish food pellets vs. rabbit "pellets" wink ) in my pond vs. a public lake 2 miles away, I don't see any difference in the taste of the same species of fish taken from both waters under the same water conditions.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).