Originally Posted By: Flame
Dono, Sounds like we have the same feeder with the 2 part tripod legs.I would greatly appreciate the photos you spoke of if you are sure it is not too much trouble.About how far does it shoot into the water? What fish food do you use. I will not have catfish. Only bluegills and lmb.

Flame,
I'm not sure what a dock feeder cost, but I understand that they are a bit more expensive than some of the lower end deer feeders...but, you generally get what you pay for. Beings that I have no dock, I picked up a Moultrie $99.00 tripod feeder on sale in September prior to hunting season. I have it set up in my pond in ~4' of water. I throw 1/8" & 1/4" mixed floating feed. It easily throws pellets in at least a 30' circle. The spinner is approximately 1.5' above the water. It holds 160lbs of feed. I usually put 100# in to keep the feed fresh. Like mentioned above, I load mine with the help of a 14' alum boat. If you wish, send me (PM) your email address or cell number and I'll shoot you some video of the distance of fish feeding around the feeder. Once I get my dock finished, I'll graduate to a dock feeder. Until then, the tripod works just fine...it's just a little bit more trouble loading out of a boat.
Charlie

...when in doubt...set the hook...