Ya same here. I can buy four deer feeders replacements for the price of one the high end fish feeders.

I used heavy gauge aluminum to block 180 degrees of the fan. First shroud did not go the full height in that area and tried to zip tie it in. After a few days the shroud lifted and negated its purpose. So round two made the shroud fit tight and loosened off the three screws that hold the fan assembly to the bin. Placed the shroud in and tightened up the three bolts pinching the shroud in place. Running a year and a half this way with no problems.

Ours has the three legs. There is three bottom sections and three mid extension legs. I have two with extensions and one with out. The one with out happens to be the battery side with controls so this side is on the bank. The two longer legs are in the water. A flat rock on the shore can level the single leg or tip it to shoot the feed higher farther.

This one got a good flooding with the fan and motor under water for a good 12 hours. Still working like a charm.

I have it placed about 8 feet from our weed and tree bed so the young will get feed with the hopes the young perch will learn to pellet feed too.

I can shoot some pictures of it if you need. I have it pulled out for the winter.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.