Originally Posted By: stickem'
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Let me relate to you something that happened positively to my dad.

First of all my dad knows absolutely nothing about stocks and has no interest in them. Back when he worked 21 years as an I &R guy for a telephone company after retiring from the military, he had got a really good 401k plan with 100 percent matching funds and stock in the company or some kind of portfolio.

One day he got really worried about his stocks and decided to cash them in. He had no bad information or anything to tell him he should be concerned. But an inner voice told him to get out. So he cashed them in.

Not long after that (maybe even the next day I can't remember) the stockmarket crashed and he would have been left with virtually nothing.. To this day he doesn't know why he felt that way but was glad he did it.

I don't know exactly when this was without asking him,but I think it was in the 80's. He's in Europe right now so I can't ask him.

Cecil,
Chances are, that would probably have been October 19, 1987...otherwise known as Black Monday...I remember it well.

I think you're right!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.