I wouldn't buy any oil stocks just yet. I have worked in 2 different oil companies, know how to value an oil company and have too much formal education in financial analysis.

So, about 3 or 4 weeks ago, actually about 2 days before the Saudi's made their announcement, I bought 500 shares of a small Texas based oil/gas company for about $20 per share. All the numbers and financial ratios looked very positive and were a good buy out candidate. It had BUY ratings from a lot of Market Analysts was fairly valued and I couldn't find very many negatives. Then the Arabs took their direct shot at reducing competition from Russia, South America, the Keystone Pipeline and others. I hadn't figured on the geopolitical forces. Heck, nobody did. Within 2 days it was selling for $7.00 per share. It is now back up to $9.50 per share. Yessir, I'm sure an astute investor.

I'm watching for an entry point on a couple of others but my belief in myself as a whizeroo has been pretty well rocked.

My Wife said something the other day about being glad that I had gotten out of all the oil stocks that I had. I reluctantly admitted my mistake to her. I got "the look". I'm sure those of you who are married understand "the look".

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 12/29/14 06:46 PM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP