Amazing water clarity sill. The camera is down about 7 feet, looking at about a 12 foot bottom with some deeper. A large perch school with a black crappie in the mix too (if you look carefully).

I am not seeing very many minnows! Clarity is probably making it rather tough on minnow survival.

Pond was dug in the fall of 2011 so I am pleased at the low accumulation of muck and debris. Pretty clean still, though not a lot of nutrients down there for supporting small life. The water gets a continuous flushing from late fall until early summer from a small intermittent stream.

I have yet to spot a Walleye, and the two I managed to catch this summer were clearly starving and not doing well. The perch and crappie have out-competed them.

Fish School

It looks like I have a mostly Black Crappie and Perch pond. I will probably throw some same-sexed bass in there next spring to cull the herds. Maybe a HSB instead. Still unsure. I am probably going to hop over to corrective stocking to get some ideas.

Enjoy!

If anyone wants the full video of a tour across the entire pond bottom, let me know. It is kind of boring as there is not a lot of fish to see. Water was only 42 degrees and we just experienced a quick thaw of all of the ice.