Originally Posted By: DavidBiss
2 acre Pond - NE Texas near Paris. 1 year old pond. Good supply of CNBG and large mouth bass. Good structure etc.. - I built it in. Bass are in the 12-15" range. Moved them from a buddy's pond from his culling program. Don't know the bloodline of those bass. Good, not great, catch program this past summer/fall.

Definitely have the mindset of wanting to grow some size, but what good is size if you can't catch them. I'm willing to spend some money to do what I need to do. What would you guys recommend as far as introducing some new bass this spring to get my bloodlines to be where the fish are more lure friendly over the life of the pond. And where would I get those?

Thanks

DB

DB, our 2 acre pond is about 20 miles south of Paris, and even though my passion has been CNBG and HSB, it has changed to the the new Camelot Bell Florida LMB, recently provided by Overton Fisheries. This strain of Florida LMB has been developed over the past 7 or 8 years by selection of brood stock noted for fast growth, catchability and exceptional color markings marking ID easy.

Here is a link that may be helpful.
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=377877#Post377877

Our approach has been to cull all LMB caught that do not have a fin clip, but if your present LMB are difficult to catch, electroshock may be necessary.
FireIsHot has been successful in this approach and is currently growing out fingerling CB LMB, as well as Highflyer.

Their experience is current and can provide helpful information.
I am excited about this program.

Good Luck,

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)