OMC, my heart goes out to you but you can’t put the genie back in the bottle, no matter who let it out. It’s a given IMO - these skinny bass were not a part of the original May stocking, and were recently stocked.
I would move forward surveying LMB population by hook and line and spring electroshock survey as Todd Overton recommended.

Temps in your area are to be in the mid- 60’s today and I would have my tackle ready awaiting first light to find out how many bass I have in my pond.

You mentioned your plan was to stock Camelot Florida LMB in the spring with existing ample forage, but obviously not possible due to predator invasion.

I stocked 8 adult CB into our 2 acre pond with existing Florida LMB a couple of years ago and immediately began a vigorous culling program, removing every LMB that was not fin clipped. Don’t know how many survived having caught and released several CB, but removed some 70+ LMB the past year and culling program moves forward.

FireIsHot is also removing Florida LMB by hook and line and electroshocked last spring and understand he will repeat the program this year. He is currently growing out CB LMB in a brood pond and is seining today so likely not able to respond to this post.

Brood ponds are a valuable asset for pond management to grow out forage and predators to enhance production and to solve problems such as this. Ours have served us well for some 10 years.

Good luck, be positive, depend on Overton for advice and move on for a successful fishery.
George Glazener

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)