Alright this past May I stocked my five acre pond with 3000 CNBG, 1000 RES and 50lbs of FHM from Overton Fisheries. I have been feeding heavily, keeping a close eye on my water chemistry and I was thinking that everything was great. I was trying to get my forage in good shape and then I was going to stock Camelot Bell LMB in the spring.

I had not made any attempt to catch a fish until last night when I was driving in and saw there was a lot of activity on the top of the water. I thought, hey I'll just check to see how big my CNBG are getting, since I haven't been able to see them very well for the last couple of months due to a good bloom.

So I grabbed a fly rod and on the first two casts I caught two LMB about 12" each, I broke the hook on the only bait I had with me on the second fish and it was almost dark, so I didn't fish anymore, but I assume I could have caught lots more.

How in the world did these get in there?

Is there anything I can do to get them out without starting over?

Why is this thing so skinny, since I have all of the FHM and CNBG in there? You would think they would be really fat since I know that my CNBG had several successful spawns this summer. Unless of course it is over populated with these things.
No I did not look at the fish close when we put them in. It was almost dark when the truck showed up and we just put them in without really checking them out. Besides since it Overton's, I didn't think that I had to worry about it.

I am not saying that is how they got in there, but I can't imagine how else.

It is somewhat strange that for several months, before I got a bloom going, I had about five feet of visibility and went down and looked at all of the bream beds daily and never saw a LMB.

Thanks for your help,
Pat

Last edited by one more cast; 03/16/15 04:22 PM.